General Neurologist, Uniontown Hospital
- General Neurologist
- Neurology - General, Neurology - Clinical Neurophysiology, Neurology - Memory Disorders, Neurology - Movement Disorders, Neurology - Neurocritical Care, Neurology - Stroke, Neurology - Vascular
- Uniontown, Pennsylvania
Fayette Physician Network (FPN), a University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) joint venture with the Fayette Regional Health System, has retained the services of Academic Med Physician Recruiters for the recruitment of a board eligible/board certified Neurologist to join their rapidly expanding Neurology practice. This unique opportunity will enable the incoming Neurologist to combine a thriving clinical practice with a lucrative compensation model that rewards clinical productivity; the location provides immediate access to culture and entertainment of Pittsburgh, PA, world-class ski & golf resorts, and the largest state park in Pennsylvania.
The incoming neurologist will be based at the Uniontown Hospital, 45 minutes South of Pittsburgh, sharing office space and call coverage with neurologist, Dr. Saima Siddiqui. It is anticipated that the incoming physician will cover hospital consults and follow-ups in the morning and office patients in the afternoon; seeing approximately 2-5 consults daily and a volume of 10-15 patients per day in office. It is required that the incoming candidate read EEGs and optional, though desired, to perform EMG’s. Office hours are usually scheduled Monday through Friday. The draw area for Neurology is close to 150,000 residents. This position will also provide medical leadership to the newly certified Primary Stroke Center program.
Uniontown Hospital's $59 Million Expansion & Renovation
The FPN Neurology practice is the primary provider of neurological related services within the catchment population of Fayette County. Inpatient and Outpatient services are provided in Uniontown, PA; with hospital privileges at Uniontown Hospital, a 175 bed acute and specialty care hospital which is the largest employer and largest hospital in Fayette County. In July 2013, Uniontown Hospital received Primary Stroke Center Certification and launched a Telestroke program with support linkage through UPMC’s Stroke Institute Telemedicine Program.
- Candidates must be board eligible or board certified by the American Board of Psychology and Neurology (ABPN)
- Fellowship training will be considered, but not required
- Candidates must be eligible for licensure in the state of Pennsylvania
Visa Waiver Availability
Due to the medically underserved status of Fayette County, J1 visa waivers and H1B visas are available for qualified candidates. Fayette Physician Network/Uniontown Hospital is exempt from the H1B cap limit.
Fayette Physician Network & UPMC Affiliation
In July 2012, Fayette Regional Health System (parent of Uniontown Hospital) and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) entered into an innovative joint venture that resulted in a new physician employment enterprise called Fayette Physician Network (FPN). FPN is co-owned by the two organizations, with practice management services provided by UPMC. The joint venture was the first of its kind for UPMC.
- Fayette Physician Network employs approximately 35 physicians, 18 CRNA’s, 5 NP/Pas, and 80+ office support staff.
- FPN’s team of 35 physicians provide a vast array of specialty expertise including:
- Neurology, Family Practice, Cardiology, Surgery, Pulmonology, ObGyn, Hospitalist and an Anesthesia group
- Some of the FPN physicians have voluntary faculty appointments with UPMC
Uniontown Hospital's new Patient Wing
Uniontown Hospital & Facility Overview
Uniontown Hospital is the largest hospital, the largest employer, and the primary medical service provider for the catchment population of Fayette County. Uniontown Hospital is a 175 bed, not-for-profit, acute and specialty-care hospital which has provided a full range of medical care to the surrounding areas for more than 100 years. The hospital is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Uniontown Hospital is owned by Fayette Regional Health System and has clinical and business relationships with UPMC. Uniontown is also an affiliated teaching hospital for 3rd and 4th year medical students at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM).
- In July 2013, Uniontown Hospital had some exciting developments take place with the Neurology services, including Primary Stroke Center Certification and the launch of a Telestroke program.
- In 2010, Uniontown Hospital completed a $59 million expansion and renovation project which included a new patient tower with 56 private suites, an expanded emergency department to accommodate 60,000 patients annually, a realigned main entrance and consolidated outpatient services.
In addition to hospital-based services, Uniontown Hospital’s parent corporation, Fayette Regional Health System, owns and operates Fayette Home Care and Hospice and a state-of-the-art Outpatient Diagnostic Center in the Fayette County Business Park. Also, a network of primary care physician’s practices is located in Brownsville, Masontown, Smithfield, Connellsville and Uniontown. Cancer Care Services, including radiation therapy and IMRT are located at the Robert E. Eberly Pavilion, and medical oncology services are provided in collaboration with UPMC Cancer Centers.
Uniontown Hospital Specifics
- 175 bed acute and specialty care hospital
- 16-bed Medical & Surgical ICU
- 11-bed Inpatient Rehab Unit
- 16-bed Obstetric Unit
- 28-bed Telemetry Care Unit
- 8 Operating Suites
Neurology Program – Clinical Overview
The summer of 2013 was a time of exciting growth and opportunity for the Neurology practice of Fayette Physician Network. On July 1, 2013, Uniontown Hospital launched their Telestroke program which has a support linkage through UPMC’s Stroke Institute Telemedicine Program. In July 2013 Uniontown Hospital underwent a successful Primary Stroke Center Certification survey by the Joint Commission, enabling it to treat acute stroke cases in addition to the outpatient stroke clinics. The Neurology practice also completed an integration into the Epic Care EMR system in July which has improved the efficiency and accuracy of patient information.
The Neurology practice has very busy outpatient clinics and an inpatient service that will grow with the Primary Stroke Center Certification and launch of the Telestroke program, which occurred in July 2013. Growth opportunities exist for Electromyography (EMG), Stroke and other aspects of the Neurology practice. The incoming Neurologist will be working and sharing call with Dr. Saima Siddiqui. Medical Assistant, PA/NP services, and office related staff are provided by the UPMC entity of the Fayette Physician Network.
Inpatient and Outpatient services are located in Uniontown, PA. Neurologists have hospital privileges at Uniontown Hospital, a 175 bed acute and specialty care hospital which is the largest hospital and largest employer in Fayette County. In 2010, the Neurology practice completed the construction of new outpatient facilities which include 8 treatment rooms and state-of-the art equipment. The outpatient facilities are conveniently located less than a mile away from Uniontown Hospital.
- Uniontown Hospital Neurology Related Technology:64-slice CT
- Open & High-Field MRIs
- The Hospital just upgraded its MRI with the specific intention of doing more extensive studies on Stroke patients.
- Access to Tele-neurology program through UPMC.
Uniontown, PA is uniquely located within commuting distance of Pittsburgh, PA and Morgantown, WV.
The location is ideal because it provides candidates with the option of the big-city lifestyle in Pittsburgh, the affordable and small town charm of the suburbs, or the active and adventurous lifestyle of the ski resort communities in the surrounding Allegheny Mountains.
Pittsburgh has a population of roughly 3.5 million people, and it has been voted as the “#1 Most Livable City in the US”, the “#1 City for Relocating Families”, and the “#29 Most Livable City in the World”. Pittsburgh has a wide array of amenities which include world-champion professional sports teams, world-class museums, and a rich history of tradition.
Ohiopyle State Park - 10 miles from Uniontown
Uniontown Surrounding Attractions
The Uniontown area is truly the ‘Best of Both Worlds’ because it provides immediate access to the cosmopolitan amenities and big-city entertainment of Pittsburgh and Morgantown, as well as an outdoor paradise for adventure seekers. There are numerous vacation destinations, ski resorts, parks, and a resort casino within 10-30 minutes of Uniontown which provide activities such as golfing, snow skiing, white water rafting, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, camping, fishing, etc.
The Allegheny Mountains in the Fall
- Nemacolin Woodlands Resort – 10 miles away from Uniontown
- A family and luxury vacation destination which includes Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond boutique hotel, 2,000 wooded acres for hiking and biking, and 2 championship golf courses
- Lady Luck Casino opened at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort on July 1, 2013.
- Seven Springs Mountain Resort – 30 miles away from Uniontown
- An all-season resort which includes award winning restaurants, championship golf courses, nationally ranked ski and snowboard slopes, hiking, mountain biking, ziplining, sporting clays, canopy tours, etc.
- Ohiopyle State Park – 9 miles away from Uniontown
- The largest state park in Pennsylvania with adventure activities such as white water rafting, kayaking, hiking, mountain biking, fishing and camping.
Seven Springs Mountain Resort
The opportunity with Fayette Physician Network provides a lucrative compensation package which includes a competitive base salary and productivity bonus compensation that is based on WRVUs. The compensation model with Fayette Physician Network enables candidates to maximize earnings within a financial package that is significantly greater than national academic averages for a position of this nature.
- There is an opportunity for sign-on bonus as well as student loan reimbursement.
- Benefits include:
- 401k Retirement Program with employer match on elected contribution, total compensation, and a safe harbor contribution.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, Life and Malpractice Insurance
- 25 days of vacation and CME in addition to holidays
- CME Stipend each year
- Short & Long-Term Disability Coverage